Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

Extension Fund

The fund was established in 1874 to increase the funds of the WM Home Mission, Chapel and Theological Institution committees, but ultimately was confined to the support of new church building. The 1897 Centenary Fund made a substantial grant to it, and this was considerably augmented by a bequest of 45,000 (approximately 2.7m today) from John Henry Wadhurst. It was charged with the task of establishing new societies.

Entry written by: DRF
Category: Subject

Comment on this entry