Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

Botterill, William
1820-1903

WM architect from Hull and architect to the Hull School Board from 1873, he was a member at Newlands WM and a circuit steward. His chapels include Newlands, Hull (1857), Market Rasen WM (1863), West Street, Alford (1864), City Road WM, Chester (1872-73), Chapel Street WM, Bridlington (1873), Hessle WM (1876) and Market Weighton WM (1867-68); as well as Bishop Auckland WM Day School (1858-59). A former pupil, John Bilson (1856-1943), was a partner by 1882 and took over the partnership in 1899.

Sources

  • Directory of British Architects 1834-1914

Entry written by: DCD
Category: Person

Occupations

Comment on this entry