Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

President's List

Also known as the List of Reserve. A list of accepted candidates not immediately wanted for stationing was first printed in the WM Minutes of 1791. These were available to supply emergency vacancies during the year. In 1807 authority was given to the President to appoint such 'supplies'. Similar arrangements obtained in the other Methodist denominations. In time the list included ministers who on compassionate or other grounds needed temporary respite from stationing, and in practice the list came to be confined to these. It was abolished in 1993, such cases thereafter being listed as 'without appointment'.

Entry written by: BEB
Category: Subject

Comment on this entry