Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

Methodist Revival Fellowship

The Fellowship originated in 1952 and was recognized by Conference in 1955 as an evangelical grouping emphasizing prayer for revival, loyalty to the Scriptures and the 'Four Alls' of Methodism. Its organ was Sound of Revival. In January 1987 it linked with the Conservative Evangelicals (which had concentrated on doctrinal and ethical issues) to form Headway.

Sources

  • A.Skevington Wood, The Kindled Flame (1987)
  • Martin Wellings, 'Renewing Methodist Evangelicalism: the origins and development of the Methodist Revival Fellowship', in Kate cooper and Jeremy Gregory (eds.), Revival and Resurgence in Christian History (Woodbridge, 2008) pp. 286-96
  • Martin Wellings, 'The Methodist Revival Fellowship 1952-87', in WHS Proceedings,57:3 (October 2009), pp.89-107

Entry written by: WP
Category: Organisation

Comment on this entry