Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

Lancaster

John Wesley passed through the town only once, in 1759, and then apparently without preaching. Wesley Chapel (1806, rebuilt 1875) was adapted for sheltered housing by the Methodist Homes for the Aged in the 1980s. The country's first purpose-built Ecumenical Chaplaincy Centre opened in 1969 on the Lancaster University campus and is also used by non-Christian bodies.

Entry written by: EWD
Category: Place

Comment on this entry