Home | Search | Help
Version: 1.2

Go to WHS website

Jubilee Fund

The fund was established in 1863 to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the WM Missionary Society, although what was had been set up in 1813 was the first District Missionary Society, in the Leeds District; the connexional Missionary Society was not formed until 1818. 180,000 was raised to further the training of overseas missionaries and in 1868 the Richmond College campus was taken over for this purpose. This segregation of home and overseas ministerial students was criticized by Hugh Price Hughes during his time at Richmond and was abandoned in 1885.

See also: Centenary Fund; Thanksgiving Funds

Entry written by: JAV
Category: Subject

Comment on this entry